Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm an Aunt!

I can't believe I forgot to announce this: I'm an aunt! Michael's sister had a baby girl on Thursday morning at 2:45am. Her name is Elizabeth Marie Turentine (I'm actually not 100% of the spelling of the last name)-- Michael and I made a nickname for her about a day after we found out it was a girl-- so we lovingly call her Izzy.
I got to see her for the first time on Sunday and she was beautiful! She's on the smaller side, only 6 lbs 2 oz, but I feel like we're kindred spirits because I was only 5 lbs and a few ounces when I was born and I was full term and healthy!
Michael and I labeled Izzy our guinea pig for dealing with children, and holding her on Sunday (for about an hour straight while she refused to wake up and interact with me... she's already proving to be a bit stubborn) definitely gave me a small baby bug... but only a small one. But if she was crying and fussy the whole time, I would probably have a different reaction.
But we're excited for the miracle that Izzy is. April, Michael's sister, shouldn't have even been able to get pregnant due to many medical issues; but she did get pregnant and created a beautiful life! Welcome to the world, Elisabeth "Izzy" Marie!!

No comments: