Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Didn't Bite the Dentist

I went to the dentist yesterday and I had flashbacks of my childhood the entire time. As I was sitting there, it became clear to me why certain event happened in my childhood: When I was 7 years-old, I was having a tooth pulled and in the midst of my fear and the dentist not being comfortable with children, I bit his finger when he put it in my mouth. He then started yelling and I started crying-- very traumatic! Well yesterday, while the dental hygienist was scraping my teeth and stabbing my gums, biting (or punching) became a very desirable action. Thankfully I resisted, but I must admit I had to hold back! No wonder people refuse to go to the dentist! It's such a miserable experience! I had heard that they show movies/tv shows while you get your teeth cleaned, but even after mentioning it to the hygienist, she didn't turn it on... grrrr...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dentists have the highest suicide rate of any professional people. No one WANTS to visit them-they hurt you!
Dad

Kate said...

So I watched the last 10 minutes of a Seinfeld episode on Saturday and it happened to be about some joke Jerry had told about dentists... Kramer called him an "anti-dentite" :-) I think I would consider myself one as well!!