Monday, September 8, 2008

Autumn Needs to Last Longer Than Spring

Here comes Autumn! The temperature is definitely changing and I spotted a few Aspen trees starting to change color... I know that the first day of fall is actually Sept. 22 (okay, I didn't know that; I had to look it up), but the weather sure isn't acting like summer. On Friday and today, it is dreary, overcast, and chilly with the slight sprinkle of rain. But then again, this weekend was a cloudless weekend with highs in the 70s... so there you go.
I love fall! I am not a fan of extremely hot weather, so when I can wear a light coat/sweatshirt and be perfectly warm, that's ideal! The rain is annoying, though (at least while I'm walking to and from work). Hopefully the 60 and 70 degree weather can last a while and we can enjoy fall in all of it's glory, unlike our Spring this year; or should I say, lack thereof (for those of you who don't live in Colorado, the weather went like this: cold, cold, HOT, even HOTTER... no in-between warm weather of spring).
I can't wait to take a drive around the mountains to admire the Aspens... it's going to be glorious!

No comments: