Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Can I Grow My Own Peach Tree?

I love peaches. And living in Colorado, we are spoiled to have Palisade peaches right in our own backyard. They are more than delicious... they are melt-in-your-mouth-heavenly!
I've had them fresh at farmers markets where I wanted to pounce the guy giving out samples to steal the rest of the peaches, and manage to eat a few every season. Well, this peach-season, the owners of the building I work in happened to give every tenant in the building some peaches... we got 2 boxes FULL of peaches! I took home 2 bags full of them and there are still a ton left in the kitchen!
I've had a peach with every meal! I can't get enough of them. And to top it off, there are dozens of delicious recipes to use fresh peaches in: peaches 'n cream eclairs, peach cheesecake (which is actually to die for!), and of course, peach ice cream. Now all I have to do is decide which thing to make... who needs to make dinner when you've got peach desserts? That way, I can make them all!

No comments: