Wednesday, September 12, 2007

No Pain, No Gain in Relationships

I posted a blog on Jason Clark's site a while ago about the redemption of the father in the movie, "Little Miss Sunshine." Since then, I have experienced redemtion in my own life. This last week God helped me gain the courage to confront and deal with some difficult issues with friends and a family member. Needless to say, I was glad when the week ended. However, through the very difficult process of confronting hurt feelings and negative feelings (and the anxiety that went along with it), God redeemed those relationships. I know that my friends and family love me and care about me and our friendship/relationship, so I had nothing to worry about. But boy oh boy is dealing with it difficult. This whole process helped me realize the amount of redemption I experience in my life. Each day I fall on my face, God is there to pick me right back up and shows me how to not fall next time. It's, again, a difficult process, but very necessary. But I'll bet God doesn't get knots in His stomach when He does show me my crap. I guess that's what you get for being the creator of the universe... Anyway, God uses the love and friendship I have through the people in my lives to continue to redeem me and my relationships. I love my friends and family more than I could ever express and it broke my heart this week to have so many issues to deal with! But through dealing with those issues, my friendships and relationships are even deeper and stronger than they were ever before! But why must it be so painful to have to go through all that? No pain, no gain! And what a gain it was :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's the fun of being broken, of course most of my missing chips are on my shoulders ;)

well done you for working through the process, i often have an absence of courge in moments like this so i'm glad you didn't!