Wednesday, September 19, 2007

He Popped the Question and I Said "YES!"


I would like to officially announce to the blogging world that I am ENGAGED!!! YAY! Even though I think I've already talked to the only people who read this, I'm announcing it anyway! Why not, right? It happened on Thursday Sept. 13th. Here's how it went down: I was working that night and my boyfriend (now fiance ;-), Michael (and fellow-blogger), and I were planning on meeting at my house to go to this fun restaurant that only serves desserts and wine. However, when I got to my house, there was a note taped to my door telling me to meet him at the restaurant instead. I got there and the owner handed me another note telling me to meet him around the corner at this place with fountains that has chairs and tables to sit and people-watch. So I walked in my heals over there and there was a table set up with a white tablecloth, flowers, and a laptop. I got to it and it said "click here" so I did. A movie started with our song (Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol) and a slideshow of pictures of us. At the end, it said "Turn Around." And Michael was walking up. He had tears in his eyes and told me how much he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It took a few moments (I was having issues breathing properly) for me to squeak out a "yes! Of course! I love you too!" After we finally got our breath back and could focus, he informed me that instead of walking back to the restaurant, he had made reservations at The Melting Pot (a really nice fondue restaurant)! We made all of the initial phone-calls and headed over to my sister's house to show her the ring. After getting our picture taken and jumping up and down in excitement, Michael and I headed over to the Melting Pot. We ate sooo much food! But boy oh boy was it good! It was the best night of my life! I love Michael so much and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him! (I just realized this is the first picture of me I've ever posted... now everyone knows what Michael and I look like!)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! :)

ps what no ring shot?!? ;)