Monday, September 10, 2007

I Go College!

Today was a day for "Katie's History Book." I have had this mortal fear ever since I started college that I would end up in the wrong classroom for my class. I have spent the last 3 and a half years successfully avoiding that predicament. Well, I guess it had to happen-- my college experience would not be complete without it. Here's how it all happened. I was on campus to do research for a class and a friend picked me up to run some errands. It was before my first class would start and we had plenty of time. My first class, I already knew, was canceled, so I had the whole morning open until my next class. Well, in the confusion of getting back to campus and not having my class, I walked confidently to the classroom where my second class of the day is held... except that I was an hour early! I sat down, read the school newspaper waiting for the professor to come in and begin. But my professor is not a big, gray-haird man... With a twinge of panic and trying to be as casual and nonchalant as possible, I picked up my stuff and hurried out of the room, just as the class started! I was so embarrassed! That kind of thing is acceptable the first week of classes, but not the beginning of the 4th! I hope no one realized what had happened-- and if they did, then I gave them something to laugh about. Well, I can surely say that I can graduate without feeling like I missed out on anything! :-) If the class were interesting I may have stuck around but every time I come in when my class actually meets, there are equations and drawings all over the board-- no thank you! I'm about to graduate and this is my shining moment! Here, mom and dad, this is where all that money is going for my education....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

heh at least you realised before the class started ;)

Anonymous said...

Well-that is better than my recurring dream where i can't find my class to take the final and i have no pants on.Your's is much more PG Rated.
Love Dad