Thursday, April 9, 2009

Emotionally Overloaded!

This is a short post to just let the world know that I am completely emotionally overwhelmed! We found out this week that my grandfather is extremely sick and only has a few days left to live. After crying in front of dozens (if not hundreds) of strangers today at lunch, I decided I needed to go out to California to visit him one last time to say good-bye. If there's anything I learned in my HDFS studies at CSU, it's that closure is extremely important and unresolved issues don't easily go away.
So I booked my ticket and am flying out bright and early tomorrow and will get back Sunday morning to have some sort of modified Easter brunch with my hubby, dad, and possibly my sis.
So if you're the praying type, keep me in your prayers as I go deal with things that I don't like to emotionally deal with and say good-bye to my grandfather.

P.S. Ali, if San Diego were any closer I'd come visit... unfortunately it'll have to wait till November :-(

2 comments:

Michael said...

Well, I miss you already... I think you can make things all better if you bring me a Tiger Tail back... Or maybe an In & Out sticker... Or maybe a RUGBY BALL!!!

Holly said...

I am so sorry, Katie! I will be praying for you and your family, it is so hard to face losing a grandparent. Please let me know if you need anything! I love you!