Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Needless Tears

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'll be blunt and tell you that I've been incredibly hormonal recently and it's starting to freak me out. How I've seen this is the fact that anything can set off a flood of tears, regardless if it is that big of a deal, or even worth crying over. I first noticed it when my husband told me he had seen the source of one of his Christmas presents by mistake, but wanted to let me know. Instead of just being bummed out, I sobbed. I'm not talking about one little tear-- I laid on the couch and sobbed. I was a mess. But it felt that devastating to me! And then last night I had had a bad day at work, but not bad enough to cry over, but I got home and couldn't stop crying. I even had to miss a dinner I was supposed to go to with Michael because I couldn't get control of it. And let's not forget about how I react to sad parts of movies or tv shows...
So all this to say, I'm a bit freaked out. I usually get a bit irritable during "that time of month," so all this crying is not normal and has lasted for a couple of weeks... What am I supposed to do? Just let the tears overtake me and have a good cry? I know Michael would vote against that because he can't handle me crying, but I don't know what else to do. I hate crying-- it makes me feel depressed (obviously) and I lose all motivation to do anything when I cry. So if something doesn't change soon... well, I don't know what I'm going to do. But thankfully Michael is loving and supportive and just hugs me and lets me cry into his chest. For now, that's the only thing I can do.
I hate crying, I hate not being in control of my emotions! If something is truly worth crying over, that's one thing, but crying over a spoiled Christmas present surprise, that's just ridiculous!

2 comments:

William Cooper said...

They always say a good cry is better than keeping things bottled up. I think a cry is good because it is a demonstration of true emotion. NNY (my wife's nickname in the cyberworld) tends to have similar types of reactions. I suppose hormones could be a cause, but I also think its a convenient excuse. Might just be one of those Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus scenarios.

Hang in there!
Will

http://lascene.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Will-- Thanks. The strange thing is, however, is that I don't feel like I have emotions bottled up (or maybe that is the problem...), and so hormones are the only conceivable reason for my recent huge mood-swings and over-reactions to not-so-sad situations. Or maybe it's just one of those things that don't have a real rhyme or reason to them... who knows?