Monday, March 17, 2008

Cinco Dias!

It's only 5 days to the wedding and I finally got my vows written. WHEW! It was a huge deal for me-- I wanted them to be perfect and to express exactly how I feel... It was not an easy feat. But I got it done and they turned out remarkably well! (Let me just say, there are a lot of cheesy and stupid vow examples out there on the internet...) Anyway, now that that's done, I just have to clean my room, pack the rest of my things, and finish helping around the house. Oh, and throw in a few shifts at work. I'm going to be quite busy this week, but I'm excited for it all. It's all finally happening and falling into place. I wish tomorrow were Saturday!
I was having a conversation with my mom earlier about marriage advice-- which was all very helpful and obviously spoken from experience. It's been interesting talking to people who Michael and I are friends with who are married and hear what they were told right before they got married. Marriage is a journey and an experience unlike anything else Michael and I have ever done. We can take what we've witnessed, heard about, and started to experience, and take those things to try to understand marriage-- but it's still going to be completely different than we could ever imagine! I hope we're not going to be taken off guard too much, but I think that's inevitable.
So those of you who actually read my blog, please pray for us as we embark on this adventure. It's not always going to be fun or easy, but I know it's going to be wonderful! We're going to grow together as a couple and as individuals. It's going to be awesome!

No comments: