Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wonderful Words of Women


I'm just going to be all over the board here cuz I have had so many things I've wanted to write about but no time to do so!
So I bought myself a Christmas gift-- lame, I know-- but I had bought it for a friend and I wanted one too! It was a day-by-day calendar, one where you rip off a page every day (what kind of tree-hugger am I?). Well it's called "Wild Words from Wild Women"-- totally up my alley! Most of the quotes aren't interesting or funny, actually they can be pretty disappointing at times, but there have been some really good ones. All this to say, I'd like to share some of my favorites so far! There's no rhyme or reason why I chose these, some made me laugh, some were inspirational, and some just struck me!


"If someone said, 'write a sentence about your life,' I'd write, 'I want to go outside and play.'" -Jenna Elfman (Jan. 6, 2008)

"If a man is talking in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?" -Jenny Weber (Jan. 10, 2008)

"I am convinced that there are times in everybody's experience when there is so much to be done, that the only way to do it is to sit down and do nothing." -Fanny Fern (Jan. 17, 2008)

"Money isn't everything... but it ranks right up there with oxygen." -Rita Davenport (Jan. 24, 2008)

"The future is made of the same stuff as the present." -Simone Weil (Jan. 26, 2008)

"It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted." -Mary O'Connor (Feb. 2, 2008)

"All talk of women's rights is moonshine. Women have every right. They have only to exercise them." -Victoria Woodhull (Feb. 9, 2008)


I hope you enjoyed some good quotes for the day :-)

No comments: