Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Missing Movie Scene



I LOVE the BBC/A&E version of "Pride and Prejudice"! My family loves the movie(s) (there are 6 parts to it, for those of you who have never seen it) as well. We are actually going to introduce Michael to it this weekend. (Kiera Knightly is a disgrace to the name Elizabeth Bennett, in case anyone was wondering what my opinion of her was...) Anyway, here is a funny story that involves the beloved movie! Hopefully the humor of it comes through typing it. So here is the story of the missing movie scene.
I was sitting at home this last weekend when my mother called me. Not a strange occurrence, since we talk for hours on the phone all the time. However, when I picked up the phone, she sounded distressed. Here's how the conversation went:
"Hey mom! What's up?"
"Are you at home?"
"Yes"
"I need you to do me a favor. A part from Pride and Prejudice is missing from my copy and I need you to see if yours has it."
--pause, time to try to understand what my mother had said--
"What? How is it missing?"
"I don't know! I watched the scene over and over and it's not there! I need you to watch yours and see if it's missing as well."
--I watch. It's right where it should be. I call her back--
"Mom, it's there"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is! It's the first scene of the fifth one"
--she watches--
"Well, now I feel stupid. I can't imagine what the BBC people think of me."
"Did you email them?"
"Yes! I complained that I got a faulty copy!"
--lots of laughter--
The end.

And that was the case of the missing scene of the movie! Hope it gave you a laugh. And thank goodness for fellow movie-obsessors to help in times of crisis!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what was the missing scene???

If michael needs spare earplugs and blindfold i can fedex him one over!

Kate said...

The missing scene was the one where the viewer finds out the truth of Mr. Whickem (sp?). My mom thought it was when he gives her the letter in the garden, but it's when he's writing the letter to her.
Michael found other things to occupy his attention while watching it... he can't escape it for long!