Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jumping With My Eyes Closed

This picture symbolizes how I'm feeling at the moment... jumping off a cliff, with my eyes closed, praying to God that I will land on my feet (not my head) on solid ground. My life is so up in the air and I am seeking direction from God in so many aspects of my life! So if I feel God directing one part of my life in one direction, I don't really meditate on it or think about it for a while-- I jump! I trust that I have heard God's calling and I walk in that faith. And if I'm wrong, I trust God will bring me back to where He wants me. I'm just praying I'm landing where God wants me cuz I definitely feel like I'm jumping off and hoping I don't fall and land flat on my face! (Thankfully, God extends a LOT of grace (and band-aids) in case I do!)

2 comments:

David said...

know the feeling! :-)

if i can overuse an anolgy...
on a ship, sailing into some unknown territory.

jumping off a cliff...yeah.
and for you, I'm sure it's even more so with all the stuff (good stuff?) happening...

Anonymous said...

there was a quote that i found somewhere else:
"when you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of unknown; have faith in yourself.
faith is knowing one of the two things will happen:
-there will be something solid to stand on;
-or you will be taught how to fly.

hopefully, god knows whats good for us, better than we do.
i am standing on the same cliff, .....u are not alone!